What Do Rabbits Eat
- Rabbits are herbivores and eat constantly.
- They require a balanced diet of hay, fresh veggies and fruit, and a few pellets.
- The staple of a rabbit’s diet is hay which makes up 80 to 90 percent of a rabbit’s diet.
- As grazing animals, rabbits need to have an unlimited supply of fresh hay daily.
- Good types of grass hay for bunnies are timothy, orchard grass, brome and oat hay.
- Rabbits also enjoy vegetables and herbs among their favorite foods.
- Most greens found in a supermarket are safe for rabbits, with a few limitations and exceptions.
- You can supplement your rabbit’s diet with a variety of veggies every day, but you need to introduce new foods slowly and in small amounts.
- Make sure that you watch for any soft stool, diarrhea, or signs of gas pains.
Adopt a Pet finder them on PetsKona.com.Looking for rabbit for sale